Cybernetics & Power Technology (CPT)
FTK Focus Groups
Cybernetics and Power Technology (CPT) FG
is a research group of the Faculty of Engineering Technology, UTHM established with the aim of generating research knowledge and efficiency required in the field of cybernetics and power technology to contribute positively on the UTHM, community and country.
SDG and SDG Sub-goals
Sustainable Development Goals (SDG)
GOAL 3: Good Health and Well Being Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages.
GOAL 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation.
GOAL 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
3.4 By 2030, reduce by one third premature mortality from non-communicable diseases through prevention and treatment and promote mental health and well being.
9.1 Develop quality, reliable, sustainable and resilient infrastructure, including regional and transborder infrastructure, to support economic development and human well-being, with a focus on affordable and equitable access for all.
9.C Significantly increase access to information and communications technology and strive to provide universal and affordable access to the Internet in least developed countries by 2020.
11.6 By 2030, reduce the adverse per capita environmental impact of cities, including by paying special attention to air quality and municipal and other waste management.
- Provides a research platform focused on cybernetics and power technology
- Increase staff awareness and involvement in research activities
- Improve the use and quality of facilities, laboratories, research equipment and staff expertise
- To assist faculties and universities in achieving research KPIs in publication, industry & community co-operation, consultancy, testing, innovation, commercialisation and financial generation
- Leverage staff expertise to develop interdisciplinary research collaborations within UTHM, between universities, government and statutory bodies, and between industry and society.
- Research discussion with Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) and Hospital Rehabilitasi Cheras (HRC)
- Industrial Talk entitled ‘Smart Meter: What’s so smart about smart meter’ by Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB)
- Industrial Talk entitled ‘Overview of Efficient Management of Electrical Energy Regulation 2008’ and ‘Energy Efficiency in Malaysia’
- MOU discussion meeting with Aeronerve
- Participate in virtual International Conference on Engineering and Computing (ICEEComp) 2021
- Industrial Talk entitled ‘Industry Approaches in Engineering and Technology during a Pandemic’ by MYFlexitank (MYF)
- Alumni Industrial Talk entitled PLC & SCADA Application from Industry Perspective and Experience Sharing
- Discussion with Aeronerve regarding professional certification
- Train of Trainer Webinar by Festo regarding Industrial Pneumatic