Department of Chemical Engineering Technology was established in 2012. At present, this department offers two programmes: the Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology (Biotechnology) with Honours – BNN, which has been accredited by the Malaysian Board of Engineers (BEM), and the Bachelor of Technology in Occupational Safety and Health with Honours – BNS, which has been provisionally accredited by MQA. Our primary mission is to produce professionals in chemical engineering technology, biotechnology and occupational safety and health.
The department has been relocated to UTHM Pagoh Campus, which provides a convenient learning and teaching environment to students with excellent facilities. With 15 academic and 3 supporting staff members, department members strive on continual improvement in ‘laboratory facilities’ and ‘teaching and learning’, as well as extensive research in chemical engineering technology, biotechnology and occupational safety and health.
In achieving an excellence of bachelor program, our curiculum structure and hands-on activities relies on the following Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
- Practice in chemical engineering industries with emphasis in biotechnology
- Lead in activities related to Chemical Engineering Technology
- Demonstrate professional and ethical traits in a globally competitive world.
- To produce technologists who are capable to apply knowledge and skills, competent, and innovative
in carrying out tasks and solving problems in fields related to occupational safety and health.
- To produce techno-entrepreneur in fields related to occupational safety and health technology
- To produce professional who are ethical, socially responsible, and respected as an expert in the field
of occupational safety and health technology.