- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Rail Transportation with Honours
Engineering Technology in Rail Transportation programme aims to develop understanding of the rail transportation design, operation and maintenance of rail system. Furthermore, the programme will prepare graduates with knowledge, problem solving skills and experiences in the field to enter into the respective careers in any rail transportation industries. The rapid growth of industrial technology in Malaysia and globally had created huge demand for rail transportation managers, technologist, instrument and safety engineers, researchers and academician.
Our graduates are demanded in various fields such as in:
- Engineering (CRSi, Infra, Signalling, Electrification, Purchasing,Project)
- Railway Operation Management
- Technical and Production Engineer
- Fleet Maintenance
- Project Management
- Executives (Rolling stock, Signaling Operations, Technical)
- Corporate Strategy
- Permanent Way
- Design Engineer
- Maintenance Engineer
- Technical Support
- Research Officer (R&D)
This course will be opened on September 2018. Interested to know more, fill in the form here:
ASEAN NCAP Award by Joe
- On 4th December 2018, team members of Faculty of Engineering Technology (FTK), UTHM and other members from PPD UTHM, JKR, JPJ, MIROS dan JKJR have won "Best Project Award ASEAN NCAP (Southeast Asian Countries - New Car Assessment Program)", which is ASEAN NCAP Collaborative Holistic Research (ANCHOR) with a project title of “Visual Performance and Safety-Related Impacts of Various High Beam Headlights Intensities”.
The award was given by "YB Menteri Pengangkutan Malaysia bersama Pengarah MIROS" and the director of ASEAN NCAP Malaysia during Conference of ASEAN Road Safety at Grand Ballroom Summit Hotel, Subang Jaya. Congratulation to all team members.