PAST JTKK ACTIVITIES IN 2018
CLASSROOM IN INDUSTRY (NATURAL OLEOCHEMICALS SDN. BHD.
- On 21st December 2018, an industrial visit led by Dr. Mazatusziha binti Ahmad was held at Natural Oleochemicals Sdn. Bhd. which is located at PLO 428, Jalan Besi Satu, Kawasan Perindustrian Pasir Gudang 81700 Pasir Gudang Johor. The main objective of this program is to expose students with knowledge in chemical process and design for Chemical Engineering Technology, which is by far a very important to BNN students as motivation and inspiration for becoming future technologists graduated from UTHM.
The students were exposed to the real world challenges and responsibilities of an engineering technologist mainly in the Chemical Engineering Technology. At the site, students were accompanied by representatives of Natural Oleochemicals Sdn Bhd (engineer and Deputy Manager of process). This classroom in industry gives a valuable exposure and experience for the BNN students. Our department would like to express a gratitude to Natural Oleochemicals Sdn. Bhd. for giving an opportunity of classroom in industry.
PRESENTATION OF BACHELOR DEGREE PROJECT I & II 2018
- On 20th December 2018, a total of 40 final year BNN students, consisting of 4 students in Bachelor Degree Project I and 36 students in Bachelor Degree Project II, were involved in FTK Bachelor Degree Project presentation seminar. This presentation was held at Multipurpose Hall, Pagoh Higher Education Hub. At the presentation session, the student proposal, project and research were evaluated by appointed lecturers from the Department of Chemical Engineering Technology with respect to various expertise.
The concept of presentation, which is an open session, has given the students a platform to create informative and exciting presentation. This open session presentation allows the audience to connect with, understand and learn about the student project in more interactive way. Congratulations to all final year BNN students who are involved in this presentation seminar. Well done!!
INDUSTRIAL TALK BY TUAN HASHIM MAJID
- On 6th December 2018, an industrial talk with a title of "IR4.0: Challenges and opportunity for newcomer (Engineering Technologist / Engineer)" was held at auditorium 6, Higher Education Hub Pagoh. The main purpose of the program is to provide students with knowledge specialising in Chemical Engineering Technology. The students were exposed with the challenges and opportunities with respect to 4th industrial revolution. The talk was presented by Industrial Advisor of Department of Chemical Engineering Technology i.e. Tuan Hashim bin Majid who is the Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director, Syarikat Malaysia Refining Company Sdn Bhd (subsidiary of PETRONAS Sdn Bhd).
The talk was a success and fruitful discussions had been made between Tuan Hashim and BNN students mainly about working exposure, criteria of being good engineering technologist, etc. Our department would like to express a gratitude to Tuan Hashim for his effort and time for giving such a beautiful talk, as well as congratulation to the team for organising this industrial talk. Well done!!
CONGRATULATION TO BNN STUDENTS ON THE DEAN'S LIST
(SEM II 2016/17 & SEM I 2017/18)
- On the 13th December 2018, Faculty of Engineering Technology recognized excellence in scholastic achievement by organizing the Dean’s List Ceremony at Convention Centre, Shared Facilities, UTHM Pagoh.
JTKK department would like to congratulate all 66 BNN students, which comprises 2BNN, 3BNN & 4BNN, on the Dean’s List achievement for their effortless accomplishment of earning CGPA of 3.5 and above.
Well done to all BNN Dean's List recipients👏💐
INDUSTRY IN CLASSROOM-FOOD TECHNOLOGY COURSE (BNN 40304)
-An industrial lecture titled " Food processing and Food Production" has been successfully delivered by an experience and talented person from food industry, Mr Hariz Haikal b. Nasuha (General Manager for Nasuha Herba & Karya Sari Sdn Bhd) to 4 BNN students. This industrial lecture covered a subtopic Chapter 3 for Food Technology course (BNN 40304). We are extremely delighted and appreciate the knowledge and experience shared by Mr Hariz, which at the same time give an exposure to the students on financial and marketing strategies for food production. Thanks you very much Mr Hariz Haikal.
CONGRATULATION BNN STUDENT FOR FIRST PRIZE IN ICHES 2018 !
-Congratulations to the team represented Department of Chemical Engineering Technology FTK, KARTIGESAN A/L MURUGAYA, JENICA R JAMES MAJANAU AND NOR KHAIRUNNISA NAJWA BINTI MAZLAN supervised by Ts. Dr. NOR FAIZAH BINTI RAZALI, who has been awarded first prize for the fabrication of sustainable membrane technology for industrial waste water treatment in International Chemical Engineering Symposium 2018 (ICHES 2018) in UTM which was held on 16th and 17th November. This project was presented under the category of sustainability. This award is a prodigious inspiration and encouragement to the project that is carried out to improve the membrane quality in waste water industry using Polyethersulfone (PES), Polyaniline (PANI) and sawdust. It cannot be denied that the Polyethersulfone (PES)/ Polyaniline (PANI)/ Sawdust blended membrane is able to improve the quality of treated waste water in terms of pH, turbidity and Dissolved Oxygen (DO). Apart from being highly sustainable and biodegradable, this membrane is observed to have high potential commercial value in waste water industries in Malaysia.
CONGRATULATION BNN GRADUATES 2018 !!
- The day of your dreams has finally arrived. The department is truly proud and we would like to congratulate all BNN graduates who have been awarded the Bachelor Degree of Chemical Engineering Technology (Biotechnology) with Honours on the 22nd October 2018. As you go forward, take with you the lessons learned in the university and make your dreams come true.
Best wishes in all your future endeavors and good luck with new battlefields of life ❤
SAMPLE COLLECTION FOR FYP AT "NASUHA HERBS & SPICES"
- On the 9th October 2018, 3 BNN students (Adelie, Rasyidah & Fazliyana) under the supervision of Dr. Sity went to Nasuha Herbs & Plantation to collect the raw materials (various cinnamon species) for their final year project. Special thanks to the owner of Nasuha Herbs for being super supportive (providing free raw materials for research purposes) and the advice throughout the students' project.
A GREAT FAMILY DAY OUT @ TANJUNG EMAS
On the October 6, 2018, 3BNN students who are under Dr Akhma (as academic advisor) has organised an outdoor family day, which was held at a beautiful place @ Tanjung Emas, Muar.
The family day was filled with interesting range of activities, with the aim to have a great time and to strengthen a good relationship within 3BNN students & Dr Akhma.
Hope to have another great gathering next coming semester ❤😍
To see more pictures of this activity, CLICK HERE.
HARI SUKAN TEKNOLOGI FTK (HASTECH)
-Congratulation to BNN team who win the second place for HASTECH which was held on 5&6 Oct 2018. This event was successfully organized by Faculty Engineering Technology Club (ETEC) with the aim to cultivate the sport's spirit amongst student and also staff of FTK.
PROGRAM: TO THE TOP WE CLIMB! (ANNUAL STUDENT / STAF MEETING 2018/2019)
- 8th October 2018. A program organised by 3BNN (Intake 2016/2017) to gather all BNN students and JTKK staf members for OBE, motivational and Alumni talks, as well as award presentation of academic achievement from last semester (Sem II 2017/2018). Congratulation to the organiser for succesfully executing the program. This kind of program will be used as a yearly routine to meet up all BNN students and JTKK staf members.
To see more pictures of the program, CLICK HERE.
INTERIM VISIT BY ETAC (BEM)
-On the 25th of September 2019, The Chemical Engineering Technology Department received a visit from Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC), which represented by Professor Dr. Ir. Thomas Choong Shean Yaw. This interim monitoring visit is a part of quality improvement activities to ensure that the programme stays relevant to the students and industries.
WELCOME TO NEW BNN STUDENTS (INTAKE SEPTEMBER 2018/2019)
- 5th Sept. 2018. Department of Chemical Engineering Technology was truly pleased to have 35 incoming students (17 males and 18 females) for Intake 2018/2018. These students possess certification of Diploma, STPM and Matriculation. During 'Minggu Haluan Siswa', they showed an enthusiasm by participating all activities. Hopefully to see them as best students in UTHM.
All JTKK staff members would like to welcome them with open arms and heart ❤
JOINT LECTURE & INTERNATIONAL MOBILITY PROGRAMME TO YOGYAKARTA
- International Mobility Programme to Yogyakarta in collaboration with Universitas Gadjah Mada (UGM) from the 1st to 9th September 2018. This programme was attended by 14 students of FTK together with 6 accompanying lecturers alongside with the supporting staffs nd students of Universitas Gadjah Mada. With Environmental Awareness and Ecosystem Sustainability as its theme, the programme conducted was suited to the environmental elements as well as the beauty of Yogyakarta.
STAKEHOLDERS @ FACULTY, MEETING WITH JTKK STAFFS
- 19th Aug. 2018. Faculty of Engineering Technology (FTK) invited visiting professors, external examiners and industry advisors from all departments for a meeting to discuss with faculty members (mainly academicians) about improvement in our curiculums offered by FTK. Department of Chemical Engineering Technology invited Prof. Dato' Ir. Dr. Abdul Wahab Mohammad as a visiting professor, Prof. Ir Ts. Dr Ahmad Ziad Sulaiman as an external examiner, and Dr. Ahmad Jaril Asis Jaril and En. Hashim Majid as industry advisors. We are delightful to have their visit for the meeting and a fruitful discussion between BNN stakeholders and JTKK staf members for improvement in our program (curiculum, facilities, assessment, IR 4.0 etc.)
For more pictures and video, click here.
CSR & PROPEMP ACTIVITY AT SEK. KEB. KOTA RAJA PANCHOR
-16th August, 2018 - A corporate-social-responsibility (CSR) activity was excellently executed by JTKK staff members in order to serve our knowledge and expertise to local Pagoh community, namely primary school students (Standard 4 and 5) from Sek. Keb. Kota Raya.
More pictures are available in this link: Click here
VISIT FROM SEKOLAH TINGGI AGAMA ASSOFA
-(8th August 2018) - In line with engagement and collaboration of community with university i.e. UTHM, Department of Chemical Engineering Technology (JTKK) was truly pleased to receive a visit from students of Sekolah Tinggi Assofa, Rembau, Negeri Sembilan. Students were shown to Material Technology Laboratory (MTT). The main objective is to expose these students with equipments and facilities available in MTT.
These students showed enthusiasm in learning lab equipments and they were given a demonstration on water treatment (floculator testing) by JTKK representatives (En. Redzuan, Pn. Masayu and Pn. Aziah). Thanks to students of Sekolah Tinggi Assofa for the visit and hopefully to see some of them as future BNN students.
VISIT TO NASUHA HERBS FARM
- On 2nd August 2018, five representatives from JTKK (Dr. Akhmazillah, Dr. Aishah, Dr. Mazatusziha, Dr. Aliff and Dr. Nasrul) paid a visit to Nasuha herbs farm for further collaboration with herbs industry. The collaboration is mainly for research collaboration under JTKK focus group (B-SMAT). Furthermore this visit was accompanied by other representatives from JTKE, JTKM and JTKA, which represented their department focus groups e.g. SET, BIM, PEFG etc.
Fruitful discussion has been achieved between FTK representatives and Nasuha representative (En. Hariz Haikal), which hopefully lead to a meaningful collaboration with our closest-neighbour industry (Nasuha).
UMP DELEGATES TO UTHM FOR BENCHMARKING
- 9th July, 2018. Five academic staff members from University Malaysia Pahang (UMP) visited our department, where they represented members from Faculty of Chemical Engineering for programme benchmarking in Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology with honours. The academic discussion was a fruitful and meaningful, where both parties of JTKK representatives and UMP delegates shared lots of information for improving all academic qualities.
Moreover, the delegates did not let go a chance to visit JTKK laboratory facilities. We express our sincere gratitudes to UMP delegates for the visit and we hope to see them in future for more meaningful activities such as research collaboration, student exchange, mobility programme etc.
EID MUBARAK 2018 TO ALL JTKK STAFF MEMBERS AND BNN STUDENTS
- JTKK staff members would like to wish Eid Mubarak to all BNN students. Syawal is coming and hopefully all of us obtain barakah during fasting in Ramadhan. Enjoy the holidays everyone :)
INVITED SPEAKER FOR A COURSE ORGANIZED BY MSAE
- On 14th May 2018, a valuable sharing session on experience and knowledge in honey processing had been successfully delivered by Dr. Akhma at Faculty of Engineering, UPM serdang. As an invited speaker of a course "Teknik Mudah Ternak Kelulut di Laman Rumah", she was grateful and proud to receive about 50 participants all over Malaysia, which was organized by Malaysian Society of Agriculture Engineer (MSAE). The session was a huge success with fruitful discussion between the key speaker and Kelulut practitioners.
INTEGRATED PROJECT: ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND CHEMICAL PROCESS & SUSTAINABILITY
- On 31st May 2018, nine groups consisting 4 to 6 2BNN students per group presented their business plan for own-developed water filtration system. The water filtration system was developed by the students based on their creativity related to chemical process and sustainability. Presentation of business plan comprising business model canvas, SWOT analysis, marketing and financial plan, etc. were conducted in front of corresponded lecturer (Dr. Aliff) and invited panels (Dr. Fatimah and Dr. Faridahanim) in order to fulfil half of total project works. Both projects of Chemical Process and Sustainability (BNQ20603) and Entrepreneurship (BPK20802) are combined via Integrated Project.
High appreciation are meant to all students, lecturers and invited panels for making the success of the integrated project and presentation.
FYP I & II JTKK
- On 31st May 2018, BNN students consisting 3BNN and 4BNN presented their Final Year Project (FYP) I and II. Throughout this semester, 3BNN students researched assigned/proposed project which included project background, literature reviews, methodology, etc. to come out with FYP proposal for experimental works in FYP II (Sem I 2018/2019). In this semester, only one 4BNN student presented FYP II. A fruitful discussion and recommendation had been addressed by the panels (among JTKK lecturers) for improving student proposal prior to hands-on / experimental works next semester. This FYP presentation had been conducted with a success.
Thank you to FTK FYP organiser.
IFTAR 2018 - 1BNN ACADEMIC ADVISOR & STUDENTS
- On 28th May 2018, an iftar was conducted by 1BNN students for breaking fast with their beloved academic advisor (Dr. Aliff). This iftar enhances student-lecturer relationship between the academic advisor and 1BNN students during Ramadhan. Delicious foods were provided in the iftar and they ate after performing Maghrib prayer.
INTERVIEW WITH PALM BIOGREEN SDN. BHD.
- On 22nd May 2018, an interview session was conducted by management from Palm Biogreen Sdn. Bhd. in order to search potential candidates among 3BNN student for industrial attachment. Selected 3BNN students for the interview were listed below:
- Nor Khairunnisa Najwa bt Mazlan
- Kartigesan A/L Murugaya
- Aida Ayuni bt Mazlan
- Nurul Nabilah bt Syamsul
- Celine Ng
- Khairunnisa binti Mat Izaham
- Anees Aqeelah bt Mohd Noor Azeni
After the interview, all abovementioned students were selected for industrial attachement wih Palm Biogreen Sdn. Bhd. Congratulation to all of them.
INDUSTRY IN THE CLASSROOM - SOLAR POWER IN MALAYSIA
- On 22nd May 2018, 2BNN students of Chemical Process and Sustainablity (BNQ20603) had been given a great opportunity to involve with knowledge sharing related to sustainable energy and fruitful Q&A given by a solar power expert from Ditrolic Sdn Bhd, Mr. Noor Azzizan. Topic of talk is "Sustainable Process: Solar as an Emerging Sustainable Power Source in Malaysia". From this talk, students are exposed to sustainable power opportunities in Malaysia, as well as trends and challenges of the power industry in Malaysia.
LUNCH POTLUCK BEFORE RAMADHAN
- On 16th May 2018, JTKK staff members consisting academicians and supporting personnels gathered for lunch potluck, a day before 1st of Ramadhan. Great foods were brought during this potluck gathering, such as spagetthi bolognese, "mee rebus", roasted duck, "pulut kuning", "non-crispy rendang ayam", baked potatoes with cheese, etc. It was such a great gathering after awhile ago.
FINAL YEAR PROJECT (FYP) - INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT (DR. AKHMA)
- On 28th April 2018, Mohd Adam Yege, a 3BNN student, organised a site visit for FYP to Kelulut Honey Farm in Kg. Nyalas, Asahan. This trip was accompanied by Dr. Akhma who is the main FYP supervisor for Adam. A fruitful discussion with farm owner, Tn. Hj. Zul, gave motivation and solution to Adam for resolving few problems related to kelulut honey processing. Dr akhma & Adam are extremely delighted the knowledge and experience of kelulut honey processing, which has been shared by Tn Hj Zul (who is Co-SV FYP for Adam) and this meeting at the same time gives a good exposure & a solid hands on experience in producing kelulut honey.
INDUSTRY TALK FROM PALM BIOGREEN SDN. BHD.
- On 26th April 2018, we were grateful and proud to receive an audience with the representatives of Palm Biogreen Sdn. Bhd leads by the Director himself, Dr. Maximum Ng and Head of Marketing, Mr. Goay Eng Kwei for an industrial talk entitle “Introduction to New Wastewater Treatment Technology’. The talk together with an eye catching demonstration have been delivered by our own students, Nurul Hana and Nurul Aishah, who are currently on their internship with Palm Biogreen Sdn. Bhd. Interestingly, it was their task to plan and execute the whole event while liaising with JTKK Lecturer, Dr. Nasrul as a part of the training scheme during the internship. The event was a huge success with high participation from JTKK and JTKA students full with energy and enthusiasm.
PROSES INTRUMENTATION LAB IN MICET
- A Process Instrumentation Laboratory work has been conducted between 17 to 19th April 2018 and 23rd to 25th April 2018 in UniKL-MiCET, Melaka. The trip was organized and conducted by Process Instrumentation course coordinator, Dr. Nasrul who manage to bring all 40 students of year 3 BNN to perform the lab works as a requirement in fulfilling the course outcome set forth by the MQA.
INDUSTRY IN FERMENTATION CLASSROOM
- An industrial lecture titled "Trends in Fermentation Industry" has been successfully delivered by an experienced and talented person from fermentation industry, Dato' Dr. Mohd Nazlee Kamal, to 3BNN students. This industrial lecture covered a subtopic in Chapter 5 for Fermentation Engineering Technology course (BNN30304). We are extremely delighted and appreciate the knowledge and experiences shared by Dato' Nazlee, which at the same time give an exposure to the students on current scenarios in fermentation industry.Thank you very much Dato' Nazlee.
INTEGRATED INDUSTRIAL VISIT TO SIME DARBY PLANTATION LABU
- On 18th April 2018, 36 students together with 2 lecturers from Chemical Engineering Technology programme organized a site visit to Sime Darby Plantation Sdn. Bhd located in Labu, Negeri Sembilan. The main objective of this visit is to expose the students on chemical processes that are carried out during the production of palm oil as well as to monitor the quality control and quality assurance throughout the processes. This industrial visit involved two courses (QAQC in Biotechnology and Chemical Process & Sustainability). We would like to thank Mr. Hafifi from Sime Darby Plantation Labu for the warm welcome and for assisting us during the visit.
ESTABLISHING FERMENTATION LAB
- Finally, JTKK owns a fermentation lab consisting of 4 microbes bioreactors and 3 cell bireactors (3, 5 and 10L). These equipments are located in 'Upstream Bioprocessing Lab' and 'Downstream Bioprocessing 2 Lab'. Thanks to En. Redzuan, Pn. Masayu, Pn. Aziah, Dr. Akhma, Dr Aishah and all students who contribute lots of effort in setting up the bioreactors, testing pilot run and continuous sampling. BRAVO. (17 Apr. 2018).
UMK VISIT TO UTHM
- Five academic staff members from UMK-Jeli branch visited our department, where they represented members from Faculty of Bioengineering and Technology for programme benchmarking in Bachelor of Applied Science (Industrial Biotechnology) with honours. The academic discussion was a fruitful and meaningful, where both parties of JTKK representatives and UMK delegates shared lots of information for improving all academic qualities. Moreover, these delegates did not let go a chance to visit JTKK laboratory facilities as well, which consists of 12 laboratories with large numbers of engineering-technology based equipments.
We express our sincere gratitudes to UMK delegates for the visit and we hope to see them in future for more meaningful activities such as research collaborations, student exchange and mobility programme etc.
FINAL YEAR PROJECT (FYP) - INDUSTRY ENGAGEMENT (DR. HANIS)
- On 7th March 2018, FYP students under supervision of Dr. Hanis (Muhamad Alif Hakimi, Nor Aliffah, Ching Yin Ying, Azween Adleena and Adibah) went to a Palm Oil Mill in Johor for wastewater sampling in FYP II. Their projects are related to the wastewater treatment via Membrane Photocatalytic Reactor (MBR).
INTERNATIONAL INDUSTRIAL TALK - LEO PHARMA DENMARK
- Industrial Talk - Leo Pharma Denmark, Department of Chemical Engineering Technology, Faculty of Engineering Technology (25 February 2018), "Risk assessment on pharmaceutical product". Click here for more.
Video - Dr Hans talk
How to Survive BNN Programme
- A meeting of "How to Survive BNN Programme" was conducted among BNN students (1st - 3rd year) for good spirit motivation and an exposure related to OBE (21 February 2018). Students from each batch with highest CPA (1st year = Wong Shu Wai, 2nd year = Deong Jing Mei & 3rd year = Nor Khairunnisa Najwa Bt Mazlan ) were awarded excellent certificate.
Mobility and Benchmarking to Seoul Korea
- << Prev