PROGRAM ACTIVITIES (JTKK)
Department of Chemical Engineering Technology (JTKK) put lots of effort in conducting activities for improving laboratories and facilities, enhancing 'teaching and learning', establishing collaboration with other universities and industries, and committing community services. This page is dedicated to share all activities done by our department with students, other faculty members and publics.
All activities comprises:
- Industrial Talk/Seminar
- Industrial in Classroom
- Classroom in Industry
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program
- Casual Activities by JTKK staff/Academic Advisor
- Collaboration between Industry and JTKK
JTKK ACTIVITIES IN 2019
JTKK INTERNAL AUDIT
-On 18th & 19th August 2019, the Chemical Engineering Technology Department, FTK received a visit from Internal Audit UTHM team, which leaded by PM Dr. Erween bin Abd Rahim. This internal audit (ISO & Academic) is a part of quality improvement to ensure that the programme achieve and stays in the standards given.
JTKK INTERNAL COURSE
-On 5th & 6th of August, the very first KTKK’s internal course was successfully organized by laboratory staff members. The objective of this course is to expose to JTKK staff and also to increase their undertsanding on safety regulations and handling of hazardaous chemical and biological materials, which were delivered by Pn. Masayu Maslan (JTKK science officer) and En. Redzuan (JTKK assistant engineer). In addition, this course includes a slot on the usage of fluorescene inverted microscope, which was delivered by Mr. Eddie Cm Lau from Deworks Sdn. Bhd.
The department would like to thank all JTKK members for participating in this course.
MEET THE SCIENTIST ON "MINGGU SAINS NEGARA"
-On 3rd – 4th August 2019, an event titled “Minggu Sains Negara” was successfully held at Dewan Orang Ramai Parit Raja, Batu Pahat, Johor. A valuable sharing session on experience and knowledge in science & technology had been successfully delivered by two lecturers from JTKK for “Meet the Scientist” slot:
1. Ts. Dr Noor Akhmazillah Mohd Fauzi, Title: Khasiat madu kelulut dan kaedah pemprosesan terkini.
2. Ts. Dr Nur Hanis Hayati Hairom, Title: Kepentingan air bersih dan kaedah rawatan air menerusi system hybrid.
The talk session was a huge success and we trust that the audience left the hall with gainful insight
COSMETIC FORMULATION AND EVALUATION COURSE AT UTM SKUDAI
-On 16th-18th July 2019, three of JTKK staff members (Dr Angzzas, Dr Akhma and Pn Masayu) succesfully joined a 3 Days Cosmetic and Evaluation Course which was held at UTM Skudai. This course was meaningful to increase knowledge for teaching and learning purpose (such as Biopharmaceutical course, BNN 40203) and also gaining more hands on & experience in cosmeceutical products (which is very close to FG B-SMAT industrial collaboration activity with Nasuha Herba & Rempah Karya Sari Sdn Bhd). The staffs enjoyed all the slots which were conducted by the expertise in related field.
UNIMAP BENCHMARKING VISIT
-15th July 2019-15 academic staff members from Universiti Malaysia Perlis (UNIMAP) visited our department, where they represented members from Department of Chemical Engineering Technology (Food Technology, Industrial Chemical Process & Industrial Biotechnology), Faculty of Engineering Technology for program benchmarking inBachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology with honours. The academic discussion was a fruitful and meaningful, where both parties of JTKK representatives and UNIMAP delegates shared a lots of information for improving all academic qualities. Moreover, the delegates did not let go a chance to visit JTKK lab facilities. we express our sincere gratitudes to UNIMAP delegates for the visit and we hope to see them in future for meaningful activities such as research collaboration, student exchange, mobility programme etc.
COLLECTING WASTEWATER FROM RAMATEX TEXTILES INDUSTRIAL SDN BHD
-On 3rd July 2019, Ts. Dr Nur Hanis Hayati Hairom and her research team (Dr Norhaniza Yusof, Mohamad Alif Hakimi, Muhammad Adib, Muhammad Hanis, Azizah, Muhammad Azam, Aida Syamira, Ainaa Zuhairah, Nurhafisza and Nurul Syuhada) paid a visit to Ramatex Textiles Industrial Sdn Bhd in Batu Pahat, Johor to collect dye wastewater samples for the research on advanced wastewater treatment process. We hope and look forward to a collaboration between the company and UTHM in the near future.
JTKK EIDULFITR CELEBRATION
-On 20th June 2019 "Majlis Hari Raya JTKK" was organized by JTKK Society Club to celebrate Eidulfitr among BNN students and JTKK staff members. The event was participated by all BNN students. Besides celebrating Eidulfitr, the event provided a platform for BNN students and JTKK staff to socialize and mingle. Conducted activities i.e. indoor games such as "Guess the Kuih Raya" and "Guessing Staff Voice" received great participation from the attendees, making this event was more “ALIVE”.
Pre-event selfie contest with #HEBOHRAYAJTKK conducted within JTKK official Instagram account was won by Mohamad Syahir bin Hasnadi and Jasmine Shamimi binti Mohd Shah. All winners were given "duit raya" and sourveniers. In overall, this event was a success and would be conducted in future.
To see more pictures of the event CLICK HERE.
INDUSTRY IN CLASSROOM: NASUHA HERBA & REMPAH KARYA SARI SDN. BHD.
IFTAR 2019 BETWEEN 3BNN ACADEMIC ADVISOR AND STUDENTS
- On the May 13th, 2019, 3BNN students who are under Dr Akhma (as an academic advisor) has organized IFTAR gathering at Nasuha Herbs Restaurant. The gathering was filled with breaking fast and performing Maghrib prayer. This iftar enhances students-lecturer relationship and hope to have our last gathering for next coming semester.
CLASSROOM IN INDUSTRY: INDUSTRIAL VISIT TO CCM CHEMICAL SDN. BHD.
DISCUSSION ON CONSULTATIVE, RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT COLLABORATION WITH
KIAN HOE PLANTATIONS BERHAD
- On 24th April, 2019, a discussion on consultative, research and development collaboration was conducted between UTHM (the project team, ICC & RMC) and manager of Kian Hoe Plantations Berhad. The discussion on the research work is clear to both parties and we look forward to the success of this collaboration.
INTERNAL AUDIT OSHE UTHM
-The Department of Chemical Engineering Technology, UTHM Pagoh campus were audited by OSHE UTHM on 11th April 2019. The purpose of audit was to verify the level of UTHM Pagoh laboratory safety regulations. To conclude, the auditing process went smoothly.
MoU SIGNING CEREMONY (PALM BIOGREEN SDN. BHD. & UTHM-FTK)
- On 31st March 2019, an official tie between UTHM - FTK (coordinated by JTKK) with Palm Biogreen Sdn. Bhd. was officially endorsed through MoU signing ceremony. Palm Biogreen is represented by both of its director, Mr. Ahmad Suhaimi Ab. Rashid and Mdm. Loi Chin Chin while our VC and Dean of FTK represented UTHM for the signing ceremony. It is our best hope that this will bring forth lots of opportunity & equal benefits for both parties to grow & prosper together.
SHARING LUNCH TALK BY DR. AKHMAZILLAH
- 'Sharing lunch talk' was held on 3rd April 2019, the talk was given by our great lecturer and also as head of JTKK, Dr Akhmazillah Binti Mohd Fauzi. This talk was organised by Bureau of Academic and Leadership (Student BNN Society). The talk is about sharing experiences between lecturer and students about current industries and also spreading some positive vibes and motivation to students for achieving their goals.
Thanks to Dr Akhma and congratulation to the team members of Bureau of Academic and Leadership and also the audiences (BNN students from all batches) who came to support this lunch talk. Hopefully this bureau could organizing more lunch talk in future.
NUR ATIKAH AWARDING WITH A MASTER'S DEGREE
- 27th March, 2019. Another historical date to Dr. Noor Akhmazillah Binti Mohd Fauzi due to producing her another Master graduate. The viva session went well and Nur Atikah was awarded a Master degree in Engineering Technology with a minor.
Below is the viva voce committee for the Master defense of Nur Atikah:
- Chairman: Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dr Suraya Hani Adnan
- Assistant chairman: Ts. Dr. Aliff Hisyam Bin A Razak
- Internal Examiner: Dr. Balkis Bt A Talip
- External Examiner: Assoc. Prof Dr. Dr. Rosnah Shamsuddin
COLLABORATION & CONSULTATION BETWEEN UTHM & SM SAINS SEMBRONG (SASEM)
- On 15th April 2019, a project of collaboration & consultation had been conducted between UTHM and SM Sains Sembrong (SASEM). Title of the project is “Biodegradable food container” & “Organic insecticide”, which is guided by Ts. Dr Nur Hanis Hayati Hairom & Pn Masayu Maslan.
The objective of the project is to develop student creativity in improvement of product quality.
LOI BETWEEN UTHM AND KIAN HOE PLANTATIONS BERHAD
- On 9th April 2019, Research and Development (R&D) collaborative visit to Kian Hoe Plantations Berhad, Kluang, Johor was conducted by Dr Nur Hanis Hayati Hairom, Assoc. Prof. Dr Mohd Khairul Ahmad, Dr Faridah Abu Bakar and Dr Nurasyikin Misdan. Title of the research that will be conducted is “Decolorization of palm oil mill secondary effluent”. The discussion on the research work is clear to both parties and we look forward to the success of this collaboration.
SHARING LUNCH TALK BY DR. ANGZZAS
- On 13th March 2019, a lunch talk given by Pm. Dr. Angzzas Sari Bt. Mohd Kassim was organised by Bureau of Academic and Leadership (Student BNN Society). The talk was about some spirit and motivation of survival during study at UTHM.
Thanks to Dr. Angzzas and congratulation to team members of Bureau of Academic and Leadership. Also, thanks to the audiences (BNN students from many batches) who came on that day to support this lunch talk. Hopefully this bureau can organise more lunch talk given by other JTKK lecturers.
For more PICTURES and VIDEO, click THIS LINK
FYP PROJECT MEETING WITH NASUHA BY DR. ANGZZAS
- 11th March 2019, a meeting with industry (Nasuha) was conducted by PM. Dr. Angzzas Sari Binti Mohd. Kassim for her FYP students for discussing project-related to their FYP. A fruitfull discussion was achieved and all inputs from En. Haris was taken into consideration for students' projects.
1st STEP TOWARDS COLLABORATION BETWEEN
MAGNA MISSION SDN BHD. & JTKK
- On 8th March 2019, Ts. Dr. Nasrul Fikry Che Pa on behalf of Department of Chemical Engineering Technology (FTK-UTHM) is honoured to be invited by Magna Mission Sdn. Bhd. (MMSB), a producer of DIABEGARD (a biomedicine remedies specialized for diabetes application extracted from Momordica Charantia (bitter gourd) seeds with patented extraction technique in 93 countries including USA, Japan, Australia and EU). The purpose of the meeting is to expand future research work with potential collaboration between Magna Mission Sdn Bhd. and Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia.
The meeting was a success where Magna Mission agreed to kick start our first seeds of collaboration by accepting two of our students (Muhammad Luqman Yusof & Nurfarhanim Azli) to co-join their research led team on the potential enhancement of extraction process technology as well as phytochemical recovery (waste to wealth application) by sharing material resources, experience and knowledge. It is our best hope that this project will be the 1st stepping stone for higher level of collaboration in the near future.
BNN! BREAK THE LIMIT - BNN MEETING SEM II 2018/2019
- 28th February 2019. A program namely "BNN! Break the limit" was organised by 2BNN (Intake September 2017/2018) as A-MUST event for every new semester. This purpose of this program is to gather BNN students and JTKK lecturers, as well as JTKK lab team members for sharing talks on OBE, BNN Student Society, safety practice in laboratory and Alumni Shared-Experience talk. In addition to meaningful sharing talks by selected speakers, this program appreaciate student achievement on last semester (Sem I 2018/2019) via award presentation of highest CPA on every batch, softskill awards and increment awards.
Congratulation to 2BNN for succesfully executing the program. To see more pictures of this program, CLICK HERE.
WELCOME TO 1BNN INTAKE FEBRUARY 2018/2019
- On 17th February 2019, 25 new students from intake February 2018/2019 was successfully registered as bachelor students in Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology specialising in Biotechnology with Honours. Most of them were ex-diploma students who enrolled as diploma students in Chemical Engineering Technology, UTHM.
Our department (JTKK) would like to welcome to these students (intake February 2018/2019) into our BNN programme. Hopefully all of you excel in academics, sports and other co-curiculum activities. Good luck and enjoy your stay at UTHM Pagoh as a new bachelor students. :)
CELEBRATION OF FULL ACCREDITATION OF BNN PROGRAMME
- On 28th February 2019, a small ceremony was prepared to celebrate a significant successful event achieved by JTKK regarding obtaining full accreditation for BNN programme. The full accreditation awarded by BEM indicates that Bachelor Programme of Chemical Engineering Technology specialising in Biotechnology with Honours is recognised by an authorised body (BEM) to run BNN programme in FTK.
The ceremony wass attended by JTKK staf members and the "pulut kuning" and "rendang" was fully sponsored by Dr. Akhma. Congratulation to all JTKK staf members for the hard work and thanks to Dr. Akhma for the menu.
COURSE CREDIT TRANSFER AND ARTICULATION
(JTKK AND "JABATAN POLITEKNIK DAN KOLEJ KOMUNITI")
- On the 8th January 2019, two representatives from JTKK (Dr. Akhma & Dr. Sity) paid a visit to "Jabatan Politeknik dan Kolej Komuniti" at Putrajaya for course credit transfer and articulation. The aim of the visit is to compare and match the course contents, so that the credits for those courses could be transferred from polytechnics (Kuching, TSN and Nilai branches) into BNN programme.
Starting Sem 1 2019/2020, students who graduated from these polytechnics (diploma of Process Engineering-Petrochemicals and Diploma of Biotechnology) will be exempted for Cell and Tissue Engineering (BNN 30303), Biochemistry & Biomolecular Techniques (BNN 30104), Heat Transfer (BNQ 20203) and Plant Operation & Management (BNN 40204). The department is so grateful for their full cooperation. Well done!!
- Next >>