In Department of Chemical Engineering Technology, the only focus group namely 'Biotechnology-Sustainable Material (B-SMAT)' represents the department for enhancing research activities mainly in biotechnology and material. Our vision is to aim on improving achievement for an increased key performance index (KPI) of B-SMAT, which subsequently increases the rating and ranking of UTHM in QS World Ranking University.
Organisation in B-SMAT
LOI FOCUS GROUP B-SMAT AND AROMDAI BIO SOLUTION SDN. BHD.
- 5th October, 2018. LOI BETWEEN UTHM AND AROMDAI BIO SOLUTION SDN BHD. Research and development-collaborative visit to Aromdai Bio Solution Sdn Bhd, Johor Bahru was conducted on 5th October 2018. The research that will be conducted is “Enzyme for wastewater treatment”, by Dr Hanis, Dr Aisyah, P.M. Dr Angzzas, Dr Akhmazillah, Dr Aliff, Dr Nurasyikin, Dr Mazatusziha, Dr Faizah and Dr Mas Rahayu.
The discussion on the research work is clear to both parties and we look forward to the success of this collaboration.
ONE-STEP CLOSER TO LOI BETWEEN FOCUS GROUP B-SMAT AND NASUHA HERBA & REMPAH KARYA SARI SDN. BHD.
- 27th September, 2018. Potential Research-Academia Collaboration visit to Nasuha Herbs Farm was successfully conducted on 27th September 2018. The main objective of the visit is to discuss potential research and academic activities which can benefits to both Department of Chemical Engineering Technology (JTKK) and Nasuha Herbs.
The discussion was fruitful and meaningful where nasuha herbs agreed to have Letter of Intend (LOI) on the next meeting. The department was truly appreciate to Mr Haris Nasuha on knowledge and experience shared.
AWARD TO B-SMAT IN 2018 FTK RESEARCH & INNOVATION FESTIVAL
- 20th Sept 2018. Congratulation to focus group B-SMAT for receiving an award for "Highest Count in Technical Report / Magazine / Buletin / Newspaper / Policy Paper Publication" during 2018 FTK Research & Innovation Festival (RITEC 2018) which was held on 17 - 20 Sept 2018.
It is an honour to B-SMAT members for receiving this award. Hope for the best to B- SMAT in future.
COLLABORATIVE RESEARCH IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING UTM
- On 26th July 2018, Focus Group B-SMAT organized a seminar on “Collaborative Research in Biomedical Engineering”. The main objective is to build a potential collaboration in Biomedical Engineering between UTHM and UTM. Our distinguished speaker, Prof. Dato' Ir. Dr. Mohammed Rafiq bin Dato’ Abdul Kadir, is the Dean of Faculty of Engineering at Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, as well as the expert of Biomedical Engineering. A very inspired speech had been delivered to all UTHM researchers for involving and exploring in research and development. Attendees have background of different fields, where they are UTHM academicians from other faculties e.g. Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering Technology and Faculty of Applied Science and Technology. In conclusion, this seminar open an opportunity to establish a synergized collaboration in research between experts from both UTHM and UTM.
LOI BETWEEN FOCUS GROUP B-SMAT AND MEDITEG
- Research-collaborative visit to Mediteg, Faculty of Engineering (FE), Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM) was conducted on 27 August 2018. The main objective of this visit is for enhancing research collaboration between focus group B-SMAT and MEDITEG, after previous seminar "Collaborative Research in Biomedical Engineering" which was delivered by Prof. Rafiq on 26 July 2018 at UTHM Pagoh. A warm welcome and an excellent support from Mediteg members create a solid research collaboration between UTHM and UTM.
The visit began with presentations from both parties (B-SMAT and MEDITEG) and then was followed by a visit to their laboratories for the exposure of technology and available facility in FE.
E-Bulletin for JTKK Focus Group (B-SMAT)
E-Bulletin for JTKK Focus Group (B-SMAT) can be viewed as shown below: