RESEARCH & INNOVATION
Tremendous efforts have been carried out by JTKK staff members to empower significant research activities which include conferences, grant applications, engagement of JTKK research with local communities e.g. school students. These research activities have been conducted not only for gaining novel knowledge on science related to chemical and biotechnology fields, but also to fullfill the social responsibilities towards local community, as well as environment.
Research and innovation activities compromises the followings:
- Grant application
- Attending conferences (local and international)
- Competition (collaborated experts from JTKK academicians and local school students)
5TH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE OF CHEMICAL ENGINEERING AND INDUSTRIAL BIOTECHNOLOGY (ICCEIB 2020)
- On 9-11 August 2020, Dr Akhma had participated in 5th International Conference of Chemical Engineering and Industrial Biotechnology (ICCEIB 2020), with the theme “Empowering Sustainable Technological and Solution for Industry and Society”. This virtual conference was organized by UMP.
Dr Akhma was successfully present her research work entitled “Reduction in Moisture Content of Dehumidified and Microwave-Heated Stingless Bee (Kelulut) Honey and its quality” which was also a Final Year Project of Mohd Adam Yegge. The research paper submitted will be reviewed and published in Materials Today:Proceedings, Elsevier.
Congratulations to Dr Akhma & Mohd Adam Yegge.
INVITATION AS A JUDGE ON ANNUAL REGIONAL CONVENTION (ARC) 2020
- On 9th August 2020, a valuable judging session on the innovation competition in agriculture and food engineering field had been successfully conducted by Dr. Akhma. As an invited judge panel for the Annual Regional Competition (ARC 2020) hosted by Universitas Brawijaya - Indonesia, she was grateful to contribute her knowledge and experience as well as to provide networking in the same Agricultural and Food Engineering discipline in ASEAN region. The assessment session was a huge success with disseminating of knowledge and providing inputs to problem solving (in Agricultural and Food Engineering) between all the panels.
Thank you to the organizer, Universitas Briwijaya for the opportunity given.
THE APPOINTMENT OF MAIN RESEARCHER
- Congratulation to Ts. Dr. 'Aisyah binti Mohamed Rehan for the appointment as the main researcher in Advanced Technology Centre (ATC). May the circle of your career keeps rolling on and create a more prosperous story in your life.
THE APPOINTMENT OF SENIOR INVESTIGATOR
Congratulation to Ts. Dr. 'Aisyah binti Mohamed Rehan for the appointment of a senior investigator at Institute Educational Research and Vocational Training Malaysia (MyRIVET).
THE APPOINTMENT AS MAIN RESEARCHER
- On first june of 2020, Ts. Dr. Nur Hanis Hayati binti Hairom was appointed as the Main Researcher at Pusat Penyelidikan Shamsuddin Mikroelektronik dan Nanoteknologi (MiNT-SRC). May the circle of your career keeps rolling on and create a more prosperous story in your life.
KHANZU KNOWLEDGE AL-KHAUTSAR PHASE I
- Assalamualaikum wbt & Salam Sejahtera, CONGRATULATIONS to the recipients of Phase 1: (1) KANZU Knowledge Al-Kauthar Grant; & (2) KANZU Knowledge Ibn Batutta Travel & Publication Grant. Both grants are provided to assist UTHM scholars from various faculties to engage in oil palm sustainability research, sustainability education and sustainable small owners/ community outreach. The Al-Kauthar grant provides 7 MSc Scholarships to UTHM students and the programme's started in September 2019. The recipients of the above mentioned prestigious grants are:
- Associate Professor Dr. Noor Yasmin Binti Zainun
- Associate Professor Sr. Dr. Abdul Jalil Omar
- Dr. Mazatusziha Ahmad
- Dr. Mimi Nahariah Azwani Mohamed
- Dr. Nor Hazurina Othman
- Dr. Nur Shaylinda Mohd Zin
- Dr. Nur Hanis Hayati Hairom
- Dr. Shakila Abdullah
- Dr. Siti Sarah Omar
- Dr. Noor Azlina Abd Hamid
- Dr. Sallehuddin Syah Ayop
The total value of the grants is MYR252,000.00. CONGRATULATIONS once again to the awarded UTHM researchers.
KANZU KNOWLEDGE. "Connecting Wisdom". #SupportUTHMScholars. #ContributebacktoUTHM. #UTHMProducesProfessionals. #WithWisdomWeExplore
MALAYSIAN TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY NETWORK (MTUN) GRANT PHASE 1 2019
-Department of Chemical Engineering Technology would like to congratulate Dr Akhma and her team (Dr Alif, Dr.Sity, En. Redzuan & Pn. Masayu) for receiving MTUN Commercialization Fund 2019 from ICC, UTHM (Allocation of RM 30k). This grant is to commercialize cosmeceutical cream in collaboration with Nasuha Herba & Rempah Karyasari Sdn Bhd.
All d best to the team!!!
FUNDAMENTAL RESEARCH GRANT SCHEME (FRGS) PHASE 1 2019
-Congratulations Dr Nadirul Hasraf Mat Nayan has been awarded FRGS phase 1 2019. May the circle of your career keeps rolling on and create more prosperous story in your life.
ACTIVE GRANT (DECEMBER 2018)
CONGRATULATION TO TIER 1 RECEIVERS
- Department of Chemical Engineering Technology would Nasrul and Dr. Mazatusziha for receiving TIER 1 grant (allocation of RM 20,000 for TIER1 receiver). Hopefully, it helps them to successfully conduct their researches.
List of conferences in 2018.
- 2nd ASEAN Academic Network International Conference on Innovation Science and Environmental Technology 2018, 3rd-4th July 2018, Langkawi, Malaysia, Submission: 15th April 2018, Link: https://aiciset2018.weebly.com/
- 26th International Congress on Technology Engineering & Science (ICONTES), 19th-20th July 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Submission: 10th May 2018, Link: http://icontes.org
- 3rd Engineering Technology International Conference (ETIC 2018), 15th-16th August 2018, Melaka, Malaysia, Submission: 30th April 2018, Link: http://etic2018.utem.edu.my/
- 5th International Conference on Biotechnology Engineering (ICBioE2018), 19th-20th September 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Submission: 15th April 2018, Link: http://iium.edu.my/icbioe/2018
- 2nd International Conference on Applied Sciences and Industrial Technology (ICASIT 2018), 13th-15th November 2018, Malacca, Malaysia, Submission: 30th June 2018, Link: http://www.icasit2018.com
- Academics World477th International Conference on Environmental Science, and Development (ICESD 2018), 2nd-3rd November 2018, Putrajaya, Malaysia, Submission: 24th September 2018, Link: http://www.academicsworld.org/Conference2018/Malaysia/9/ICESD/
- 7th World Congress on Biopolymers and Polymer Chemistry June 4-6, 2018 Osaka, Japan
- 8th World Congress on Biopolymers & Bioplastics June 28-29, 2018 Berlin, Germany
- 11th World Bioenergy Congress and Expo July 02-04, 2018 Berlin, Germany
- 9th International Conference and Expo on Oil and Gas August 09-10, 2018 Madrid, Spain
- 2nd International Conference on Renewable Energy and Resources August 27-28, 2018 (World Energy Congress) Boston, Massachusetts, USA Boston, USA
- 5th World congress on Chemical Engineering and Catalysis August 28-30, 2018 Paris, France
- 13th Global Summit and Expo on Biomass and Bioenergy September 04-05, 2018 Zurich, Switzerland
- 12th World Congress on Biofuels and Bioenergy September 04-06, 2018 Zurich, Switzerland
- 5th World Congress on Catalysis and Chemical Engineering September 5-6, 2018 Tokyo, Japan
- 10th Asia Pacific Congress on Oil and Gas September 10-11, 2018 Shanghai, China
- 2nd International Conference on Membrane Science and Technology September 13-14, 2018 London, UK
- Annual Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing Congress September 17-18, 2018 San Diego, USA
- 6th Asia Pacific Congress on Chemical and Biochemical Engineering September 17-18, 2018 Tin Shui Wai, Hong Kong
- 4th International Conference on Chemical Engineering September 17-18, 2018 Vancouver, Canada
- 5th International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering & Technology October 4-5, 2018 London, UK
- physicalchemistry-ann-2018 San Antonio, Singapore
- 8th International Conference on Petroleum Engineering October 15-16, 2018 Rome, Italy
- 8th International Conference and Exhibition on Biopolymers and Bioplastics October 15-16, 2018 Las Vegas, USA
- 13th International Congress on Biofuels and Bioenergy October 18-20, 2018 Ottawa, Canada
- 13th International Congress on Biofuels and Bioeconomy October 18-20, 2018 Ottawa, Canada
- 10th International Conference & Expo on Reservoir Engineering for Extreme Oil & Gas Environments Oct 31-Nov 1, 2018 Buenos Aires, USA
- World Congress on Petroleum Processing, Petrochemistry and Geology November 09-10, 2018 London, UK
EXHIBITION & COMPETITION
GRANT BRIEFING ON PUBLIC-PRIVATE RESEARCH NETWORK (PPRN 2.0) BY MINISTRY OF EDUCATION MALAYSIA
-On 4th Dec 2019, Ts. Dr Nur Hanis Hayati Hairom attended a briefing, “Grant briefing on public-private research network (PPRN 2.0) by the Ministry of Education Malaysia” at SPICE Convention Centre, Penang. A lot of information was gained from the briefing i.e. introduction of PPRN 2.0, the conditions for applications (researcher & industries), scope of the projects, the application procedures, the funding mechanism, tips on writing proposals for PPRN, etc.
INTERNATIONAL TINKER INNOVATION & ENTEREPRENEURSHIP CHALLENGE 2019 (I-TIEC 2019)
- On December 1st 2019, Deong Jing Lie, Nur Sabrina binti Azhar, Nurhanifah binti Abdul Halim and Nurul Afiqah binti Abdul Ghafar supervised by Dr, Mazatusziha Ahmad have participated in International Tinker Innovation & Enterepreneurship Challenge 2019 (I-TIEC 2019). The competition was held at Tun Dr Ismail Library, Universiti Teknologi Mara Pasir Gudang Campus.
For the competition, the project title “Micronsized and Nanosized Carica Papaya Seed Modified Pullulan as Biocoagulant in Water Treatment has been awarded with silver award under category science & technology (S&T) for higher institutions and students.
Along the competition, students have been exposed to new experience by improving their communication skill with society, leadership skill, teamwork skill, entrepreneurship skill to promote product and presentation skill. This event was beneficial for students to join, therefore, hoping to join more in this kind of event in the future.
7th INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON SOLID STATE SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 2019 (7th ICSSST 2019)
- On November 11th-13th 2019, Deong Jing Lie and Nur Sabrina binti Azhar who are final year students supervised by Dr. Mazatusziha Ahmad had participated in 7th International Conference on Solid State Science and Technology 2019 (7th ICSSST 2019) and Material Technology Challenge 2019 (MTC 3.0). The conference and competition was held at Everly Hotel, Putrajaya Hotel.
The theme of the event is enhancing science and technology of advanced materials for the fourth industrial revolution. They has won bronze award in MTC 3.0 with the project title “Comparative Study on Micronsized and Nanosized Carica Papaya Seed Modified Pullulan as Biocoagulant for Wastewater Treatment”.
From this event, students are able to gain new experience and knowledge which can improve their soft skill such as presentation skill, communication skill, teamwork skill and leadership skill. Hope to see more students from BNN to join this kind of event in the future.
RESEARCH AND INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY COMPETITION (RITEC 2019)
-Congratulation to JTKK Focus Group B- SMAT for receiving the awards of (1) Best Focus Group in Research Grant (2) Highest Count of Journal Publication (ISI/SCOPUS indexed) (3) Best Focus Group in Innovation/Product Commercialization in Research & Innovative Technology Competition, RITEC 2019 on 10th of September 2019.
- Congratulations to the final year BNN student, Deong Jing Mei for succesfully securing a silver medal in RITEC 2019 which was held on the 10th of September 2019 in UTHM, Pagoh Campus. Mei is working on the project titled “A study on the characteristics of kelulut honey’s by-product for the potential application in food industry” and supervised by Ts. Dr. Sity Aishah Mansur (FTK) and Dr. Balkis A. Talip (FAST). This project was presented under fundamental research category and it is hopeful that this work could provide additional information on the potential use of underutilised water removed from honey.
- Congratulation to Dr Akhma and team (Assoc Prof Dr. Angzzas Sari, Dr Sity Aishah, Dr Alif and Tan Kian Meng) who have presented Department of Chemical Engineering Technology for winning the Gold Medal Award (Fundamental Research Category) during Research & Innovative Technology Competition (RITEC 2019) held on 10.09.2019 at UTHM Pagoh campus.
A big appreciation goes to PhD student, Tan Kian Meng who showed a superior works to win juries heart in the competition. This award is such a great encouragement and give affirmation to the research work on plastic biodegradation.
MELAKA INTERNATIONAL INNOVATION EXPO 2019 (MIX19)
-Congratulations Dr. Nadirul Hasraf Mat Nayan and project members have been awarded Silver Award at Melaka International Innovation Expo 2019 (MIX19). It is very diligent work and we from JTKK really admire your contribution to the research field. Congratulations for the respected award. Well Done!!!
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY COCURICULUM CONFERENCE 2019
-Congratulation to nor syafiqah anuar who present a paper during National University Co-curiculum Conference 2019 held on 10-11 July 2019 at UPM, Serdang. This presentation gives a valuable experience in improving her softskills such as communication technique and also confident level.
Well done Syafiqah!!
BEST PSM PROJECT AWARD AND BEST PSM POSTER AWARD
- Warmest congratulations on Amir and Adam achievement as Best PSM Project Award and Best PSM Poster Award (under supervision PM. Dr. Angzzas Sari and Dr. Noor Akhmazillah) during Final Year Project presentation or ‘Seminar Pembentangan Projek Sarjana Muda (PSM)’, Sem II, 2018/2019 session. Good luck for more progress during your internship and JTKK have complete faith that you’ll become successful person in future.
FINAL YEAR PROJECT PRESENTATION SEM II 2018/2019
-On 30th May 2019 – JTKK students have presented their Final Year Project @ 'Seminar Pembentangan ProjekSarjana Muda' 1 & 2 with good score. Wish their dedication towards work will inspired many years of achievement of their goal in the future.
'SATU DESA SATU INDUSTRI'
-Department of Chemical Engineering Technology would like to appreciate 3 students of BNN who involved in volunteering works with Nasuha Enterprise Sdn Bhd. They act as Exhibition Executive for the event ‘SATU DESA SATU INDUSTRI’ which was held at MITC, Melaka on 26-28 April 2019. The department believes that the students gain a very valuable experience in enhancing their soft skills.
- Nur Ismalis Shafeqa Binti Zulkarnain
- Nur Atiqah Binti Abdul Halik
- Nurul Afiqah Abd Ghafar
for a great job!!
5th INTERNATIONAL BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPETITION & EXHIBITION 2019
-On 5th and 6th April 2019, JTKK student, Ho Connie participate in Poster Presentation Competition IBCEx'19 with the theme of Green and Sustainble World. The competition was held in conjunction with the 5th International Biotechnology Competition & Exhibition 2019 placed at Dewan Sultan Iskandar, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM).
Ho Connie was placed 3rd in the competition she participated. Congratulation to Ho Connie for the achievement and the effort she made to through the competition.
BEST POSTER AWARD BACHERLOR DEGREE PROJECT II (2018)
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON APPLIED SCIENCE AND INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY ICASIT 2018
-Congratulation to Dr. Noor Akhmazillah and team who have represented Department of Chemical Engineering Technology FTK to present their research paper entitled “Optimization of Polystyrene Biodegradation Using Response Surface Methodology (RSM) Measured By Simple Colorimetric Method”during International Conference on Applied Science and Industrial Technology ICASIT 2018 held on 13-15 November 2018 at Hotel Swiss Garden, Melaka. Postgraduate student Tan Kian Meng under supervision of Dr. Noor Akhmazillah and co-supervised by PM Dr. Angzzas Sari has been awarded Best Presenter Award. This award is such great encouragements and give affirmation to the research work carry out to establish a simple and rapid for biodegradation study of polystyrene.
RESEARCH AND INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY (RITEC 2018) - JTKK REPRESENTATIVES
- There are 7 teams represented Department of Chemical Engineering Technology FTK in Research and Innovative Technology (RITEC 2018) which is organised by Faculty of Engineering Technology, UTHM held on 19 Sept 2018.
|1. Amira Liyana Desa
2. Mohd Shahir Anwar Hamzah
3. Chin yin ying
4. Mohamad Alif Hakimi Hamdan
5. Nor aliffah puasa
6. Azween adleena abd nasir
7. Tan Kexi
8. Nur afiqah amirah binti nor hashim
9. Amira Farhanah Bt Zulkifli
10. Celine Ng
11. Siti Amirah Bt Abdul Latiff
12. Zaty Hazwanie Bt Abdul Rais
13. Amir Hamzah bin Abd Rashid
|1. P.M. Dr Angzzas Sari
2. Dr Nadirul Hasraf
3. Dr Aliff Hisyam
4. Dr Nur Hanis Hayati
SILVER MEDAL RITEC 2018 (DR. ANGZZAS)
Innovative Product Silver MedaL
Presenter: Sharfina Mutia Syarifah & Amir Hamzah
Group: Ashuvila Mohd Aripin, PM Dr. Angzzas Sari mohd Kassim, Nadiah Ishak, Sharfina Mutia Syarifah, Amir Hamzah
The work of novel bacteria enzymes isolated from termite and sago worm guts on the oil palm biomass sample which could remove the lignin structure (biodelignification). This project purposes a new pulping process replacing the conventional method using chemicals and mechanical pulping in the production line of paper and pulp industries. This is to promote economical and greener technology to the world hoping to collaborate with the future industries in Malaysia in the production with new source and method.
GOLD AND BRONZE MEDAL RITEC 2018 (DR. NADIRUL)
- 19th Sept. 2018. Congratulation to Dr Nadirul for winning the following awards in Research and Innovative Technology (RITEC 2018) which is organised by Faculty of Engineering Technology:
- Gold medal (Applied Research category) - 'Polylactic Acid 3D Printed Bone Scaffold for Biomedical Engineering Application'.
- Bronze medal (Fundamental Research category) - 'Biomineralization of Freeze/Thaw Poly (Vinyl Alcohol) Hydrogel Using Citric Acid for Bone Tissue Regeneration'.
GOLD MEDAL iCompEx 2018 (DR. MAZATUSZIHA)
- Dr Mazatusziha Ahmad joined iCompEx 2018 on 20-22nd March 2018 at Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Polytechnic, Jitra, Kedah for Construction and Material category. The innovative project is about "active food packaging film" and she received a gold medal. Congratulations!
BRONZE MEDAL - RESEARCH & INNOVATION FESTIVAL UTHM 2017
- Congratulation to the team represented Department of Chemical Engineering Technology FTK, Tan Kian Meng, Daryl & Sharwin supervised by Dr Akhma & Dr Alif who has been awarded Bronze Medal for the invention “Free From Styrofoam” in Research Innovation Festival UTHM 2017 held on 21-22 November 2017. This award is such great encouragements to the fundamental research work carry out to elucidate polystyrene degrading enzyme isolated from Zophobas morio (Superworm). Plastic eating enzyme (PEE) is believed that could be a useful way to improve biodegradability of polystyrene. PEE is believed to have potential commercial value like other household products that from Malaysia for Malaysian.
WINTEX 2018 - BANDUNG INDONESIA (JTKK & SM SAINS SEMBRONG)
- Research consultation by JTKK staff for the students from SM Sains Sembrong, Kluang, Johor in April 2017. The research is regarding to the production of organic hair care product.
GENIUS OLYMPIAD 2015 - OSWEGO, NEW YORK, USA (JTKK & SM SAINS KOTA TINGGI)
- Research consultation by JTKK staff for the students from SM Sains Kota Tinggi, Johor in Jan 2015. The research is regarding to the production of biodegradable nursery seeding pot.