A student society or student organization is an organization, operated by students at a university, whose membership normally consists only of students. Joining and participating in student societies is part of university life and can make your studying years enriching and memorable. Universities and colleges in Malaysia encourage their students to form and actively engage in worthy activities. Some benefits of joining student societies or clubs are:
- You can pursue your interest or hobby while studying by joining societies set up based on field of interests.
- You may want to contribute your talent and meeting other people with similar interest through relevant societies.
- Society members can provide a support network, help you settle in to university life and make new like-minded friends.
- Being involved with a club or society also gives you the opportunity to learn new skills in event management and administration.
- You can also include details of your involvement in societies to your resume after you graduate.
- Joining student societies is one of the best ways to meet new and like-minded people.
- Next >>