PROGRAM ACTIVITIES (JTKK)
Department of Chemical Engineering Technology (JTKK) put lots of effort in conducting activities for improving laboratories and facilities, enhancing 'teaching and learning', establishing collaboration with other universities and industries, and committing community services. This page is dedicated to share all activities done by our department with students, other faculty members and publics.
All activities comprises:
- Industrial Talk/Seminar
- Industrial in Classroom
- Classroom in Industry
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program
- Casual Activities by JTKK staff/Academic Advisor
- Collaboration between Industry and JTKK
JTKK ACTIVITIES IN 2019
COLLABORATIVE & CONSULTATION BETWEEN UTHM & SM SAINS SEMBRONG (SASEM)
-A collaborative & consultation project had been conducted between UTHM and SM Sains Sembrong (SASEM) on 15th April 2019. The projects involved were “Biodegradable food container” & “Organic insecticide”, guided by Ts. Dr Nur Hanis Hayati Hairom & Pn Masayu Maslan.
The objective of these activities is to develop the creativity of the students so as to improve their product quality.
LOI BETWEEN UTHM AND KIAN HOE PLANTATIONS BERHAD
-Research and development-collaborative visit to Kian Hoe Plantations Berhad, Kluang, Johor was conducted on 9th April 2019. The research that will be conducted is “Decolorization of palm oil mill secondary effluent”, by Dr Nur Hanis Hayati Hairom, Assoc. Prof. Dr Mohd Khairul Ahmad, Dr Faridah Abu Bakar and Dr Nurasyikin Misdan. The discussion on the research work is clear to both parties and we look forward to the success of this collaboration.
SHARING LUNCH TALK BY DR. ANGZZAS
- On 13th March 2019, a lunch talk given by Pm. Dr. Angzzas Sari Bt. Mohd Kassim was organised by Bureau of Academic and Leadership (Student BNN Society). The talk was about some spirit and motivation of survival during study at UTHM.
Thanks to Dr. Angzzas and congratulation to team members of Bureau of Academic and Leadership. Also, thanks to the audiences (BNN students from many batches) who came on that day to support this lunch talk. Hopefully this bureau can organise more lunch talk given by other JTKK lecturers.
For more PICTURES and VIDEO, click THIS LINK
FYP PROJECT MEETING WITH NASUHA BY DR. ANGZZAS
- 11th March 2019, a meeting with industry (Nasuha) was conducted by PM. Dr. Angzzas Sari Binti Mohd. Kassim for her FYP students for discussing project-related to their FYP. A fruitfull discussion was achieved and all inputs from En. Haris was taken into consideration for students' projects.
1st STEP TOWARDS COLLABORATION BETWEEN
MAGNA MISSION SDN BHD. & JTKK
- On 8th March 2019, Ts. Dr. Nasrul Fikry Che Pa on behalf of Department of Chemical Engineering Technology (FTK-UTHM) is honoured to be invited by Magna Mission Sdn. Bhd. (MMSB), a producer of DIABEGARD (a biomedicine remedies specialized for diabetes application extracted from Momordica Charantia (bitter gourd) seeds with patented extraction technique in 93 countries including USA, Japan, Australia and EU). The purpose of the meeting is to expand future research work with potential collaboration between Magna Mission Sdn Bhd. and Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia.
The meeting was a success where Magna Mission agreed to kick start our first seeds of collaboration by accepting two of our students (Muhammad Luqman Yusof & Nurfarhanim Azli) to co-join their research led team on the potential enhancement of extraction process technology as well as phytochemical recovery (waste to wealth application) by sharing material resources, experience and knowledge. It is our best hope that this project will be the 1st stepping stone for higher level of collaboration in the near future.
BNN! BREAK THE LIMIT - BNN MEETING SEM II 2018/2019
- 28th February 2019. A program namely "BNN! Break the limit" was organised by 2BNN (Intake September 2017/2018) as A-MUST event for every new semester. This purpose of this program is to gather BNN students and JTKK lecturers, as well as JTKK lab team members for sharing talks on OBE, BNN Student Society, safety practice in laboratory and Alumni Shared-Experience talk. In addition to meaningful sharing talks by selected speakers, this program appreaciate student achievement on last semester (Sem I 2018/2019) via award presentation of highest CPA on every batch, softskill awards and increment awards.
Congratulation to 2BNN for succesfully executing the program. To see more pictures of this program, CLICK HERE.
WELCOME TO 1BNN INTAKE FEBRUARY 2018/2019
- On 17th February 2019, 25 new students from intake February 2018/2019 was successfully registered as bachelor students in Bachelor of Chemical Engineering Technology specialising in Biotechnology with Honours. Most of them were ex-diploma students who enrolled as diploma students in Chemical Engineering Technology, UTHM.
Our department (JTKK) would like to welcome to these students (intake February 2018/2019) into our BNN programme. Hopefully all of you excel in academics, sports and other co-curiculum activities. Good luck and enjoy your stay at UTHM Pagoh as a new bachelor students. :)
CELEBRATION OF FULL ACCREDITATION OF BNN PROGRAMME
- On 28th February 2019, a small ceremony was prepared to celebrate a significant successful event achieved by JTKK regarding obtaining full accreditation for BNN programme. The full accreditation awarded by BEM indicates that Bachelor Programme of Chemical Engineering Technology specialising in Biotechnology with Honours is recognised by an authorised body (BEM) to run BNN programme in FTK.
The ceremony wass attended by JTKK staf members and the "pulut kuning" and "rendang" was fully sponsored by Dr. Akhma. Congratulation to all JTKK staf members for the hard work and thanks to Dr. Akhma for the menu.
COURSE CREDIT TRANSFER AND ARTICULATION
(JTKK AND "JABATAN POLITEKNIK DAN KOLEJ KOMUNITI")
- On the 8th January 2019, two representatives from JTKK (Dr. Akhma & Dr. Sity) paid a visit to "Jabatan Politeknik dan Kolej Komuniti" at Putrajaya for course credit transfer and articulation. The aim of the visit is to compare and match the course contents, so that the credits for those courses could be transferred from polytechnics (Kuching, TSN and Nilai branches) into BNN programme.
Starting Sem 1 2019/2020, students who graduated from these polytechnics (diploma of Process Engineering-Petrochemicals and Diploma of Biotechnology) will be exempted for Cell and Tissue Engineering (BNN 30303), Biochemistry & Biomolecular Techniques (BNN 30104), Heat Transfer (BNQ 20203) and Plant Operation & Management (BNN 40204). The department is so grateful for their full cooperation. Well done!!
- Next >>