RESEARCH & INNOVATION
Tremendous efforts have been carried out by JTKK staff members to empower significant research activities which include conferences, grant applications, engagement of JTKK research with local communities e.g. school students. These research activities have been conducted not only for gaining novel knowledge on science related to chemical and biotechnology fields, but also to fullfill the social responsibilities towards local community, as well as environment.
Research and innovation activities compromises the followings:
- Grant application
- Attending conferences (local and international)
- Competition (collaborated experts from JTKK academicians and local school students)
ACTIVE GRANT (DECEMBER 2018)
CONGRATULATION TO TIER 1 RECEIVERS
- Department of Chemical Engineering Technology would like to congratulate Dr. Aliff, Dr. Nasrul and Dr. Mazatusziha for receiving TIER 1 grant (allocation of RM 20,000 for TIER1 receiver). Hopefully, it helps them to successfully conduct their researches.
List of conferences in 2018.
- 2nd ASEAN Academic Network International Conference on Innovation Science and Environmental Technology 2018, 3rd-4th July 2018, Langkawi, Malaysia, Submission: 15th April 2018, Link: https://aiciset2018.weebly.com/
- 26th International Congress on Technology Engineering & Science (ICONTES), 19th-20th July 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Submission: 10th May 2018, Link: http://icontes.org
- 3rd Engineering Technology International Conference (ETIC 2018), 15th-16th August 2018, Melaka, Malaysia, Submission: 30th April 2018, Link: http://etic2018.utem.edu.my/
- 5th International Conference on Biotechnology Engineering (ICBioE2018), 19th-20th September 2018, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Submission: 15th April 2018, Link: http://iium.edu.my/icbioe/2018
- 2nd International Conference on Applied Sciences and Industrial Technology (ICASIT 2018), 13th-15th November 2018, Malacca, Malaysia, Submission: 30th June 2018, Link: http://www.icasit2018.com
- Academics World477th International Conference on Environmental Science, and Development (ICESD 2018), 2nd-3rd November 2018, Putrajaya, Malaysia, Submission: 24th September 2018, Link: http://www.academicsworld.org/Conference2018/Malaysia/9/ICESD/
- 7th World Congress on Biopolymers and Polymer Chemistry June 4-6, 2018 Osaka, Japan
- 8th World Congress on Biopolymers & Bioplastics June 28-29, 2018 Berlin, Germany
- 11th World Bioenergy Congress and Expo July 02-04, 2018 Berlin, Germany
- 9th International Conference and Expo on Oil and Gas August 09-10, 2018 Madrid, Spain
- 2nd International Conference on Renewable Energy and Resources August 27-28, 2018 (World Energy Congress) Boston, Massachusetts, USA Boston, USA
- 5th World congress on Chemical Engineering and Catalysis August 28-30, 2018 Paris, France
- 13th Global Summit and Expo on Biomass and Bioenergy September 04-05, 2018 Zurich, Switzerland
- 12th World Congress on Biofuels and Bioenergy September 04-06, 2018 Zurich, Switzerland
- 5th World Congress on Catalysis and Chemical Engineering September 5-6, 2018 Tokyo, Japan
- 10th Asia Pacific Congress on Oil and Gas September 10-11, 2018 Shanghai, China
- 2nd International Conference on Membrane Science and Technology September 13-14, 2018 London, UK
- Annual Industrial Biotechnology and Bioprocessing Congress September 17-18, 2018 San Diego, USA
- 6th Asia Pacific Congress on Chemical and Biochemical Engineering September 17-18, 2018 Tin Shui Wai, Hong Kong
- 4th International Conference on Chemical Engineering September 17-18, 2018 Vancouver, Canada
- 5th International Conference on Advances in Chemical Engineering & Technology October 4-5, 2018 London, UK
- physicalchemistry-ann-2018 San Antonio, Singapore
- 8th International Conference on Petroleum Engineering October 15-16, 2018 Rome, Italy
- 8th International Conference and Exhibition on Biopolymers and Bioplastics October 15-16, 2018 Las Vegas, USA
- 13th International Congress on Biofuels and Bioenergy October 18-20, 2018 Ottawa, Canada
- 13th International Congress on Biofuels and Bioeconomy October 18-20, 2018 Ottawa, Canada
- 10th International Conference & Expo on Reservoir Engineering for Extreme Oil & Gas Environments Oct 31-Nov 1, 2018 Buenos Aires, USA
- World Congress on Petroleum Processing, Petrochemistry and Geology November 09-10, 2018 London, UK
EXHIBITION & COMPETITION
5th INTERNATIONAL BIOTECHNOLOGY COMPETITION & EXHIBITION 2019
-On 5th and 6th April 2019, JTKK student, Ho Connie participate in Poster Presentation Competition IBCEx'19 with the theme of Green and Sustainble World. The competition was held in conjunction with the 5th International Biotechnology Competition & Exhibition 2019 placed at Dewan Sultan Iskandar, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM).
Ho Connie was placed 3rd in the competition she participated. Congratulation to Ho Connie for the achievement and the effort she made to through the competition.
BEST POSTER AWARD BACHERLOR DEGREE PROJECT II (2018)
INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON APPLIED SCIENCE AND INDUSTRIAL TECHNOLOGY ICASIT 2018
-Congratulation to Dr. Noor Akhmazillah and team who have represented Department of Chemical Engineering Technology FTK to present their research paper entitled “Optimization of Polystyrene Biodegradation Using Response Surface Methodology (RSM) Measured By Simple Colorimetric Method”during International Conference on Applied Science and Industrial Technology ICASIT 2018 held on 13-15 November 2018 at Hotel Swiss Garden, Melaka. Postgraduate student Tan Kian Meng under supervision of Dr. Noor Akhmazillah and co-supervised by PM Dr. Angzzas Sari has been awarded Best Presenter Award. This award is such great encouragements and give affirmation to the research work carry out to establish a simple and rapid for biodegradation study of polystyrene.
RESEARCH AND INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY (RITEC 2018) - JTKK REPRESENTATIVES
- There are 7 teams represented Department of Chemical Engineering Technology FTK in Research and Innovative Technology (RITEC 2018) which is organised by Faculty of Engineering Technology, UTHM held on 19 Sept 2018.
|1. Amira Liyana Desa
2. Mohd Shahir Anwar Hamzah
3. Chin yin ying
4. Mohamad Alif Hakimi Hamdan
5. Nor aliffah puasa
6. Azween adleena abd nasir
7. Tan Kexi
8. Nur afiqah amirah binti nor hashim
9. Amira Farhanah Bt Zulkifli
10. Celine Ng
11. Siti Amirah Bt Abdul Latiff
12. Zaty Hazwanie Bt Abdul Rais
13. Amir Hamzah bin Abd Rashid
|1. P.M. Dr Angzzas Sari
2. Dr Nadirul Hasraf
3. Dr Aliff Hisyam
4. Dr Nur Hanis Hayati
SILVER MEDAL RITEC 2018 (DR. ANGZZAS)
Innovative Product Silver MedaL
Presenter: Sharfina Mutia Syarifah & Amir Hamzah
Group: Ashuvila Mohd Aripin, PM Dr. Angzzas Sari mohd Kassim, Nadiah Ishak, Sharfina Mutia Syarifah, Amir Hamzah
The work of novel bacteria enzymes isolated from termite and sago worm guts on the oil palm biomass sample which could remove the lignin structure (biodelignification). This project purposes a new pulping process replacing the conventional method using chemicals and mechanical pulping in the production line of paper and pulp industries. This is to promote economical and greener technology to the world hoping to collaborate with the future industries in Malaysia in the production with new source and method.
GOLD AND BRONZE MEDAL RITEC 2018 (DR. NADIRUL)
- 19th Sept. 2018. Congratulation to Dr Nadirul for winning the following awards in Research and Innovative Technology (RITEC 2018) which is organised by Faculty of Engineering Technology:
- Gold medal (Applied Research category) - 'Polylactic Acid 3D Printed Bone Scaffold for Biomedical Engineering Application'.
- Bronze medal (Fundamental Research category) - 'Biomineralization of Freeze/Thaw Poly (Vinyl Alcohol) Hydrogel Using Citric Acid for Bone Tissue Regeneration'.
GOLD MEDAL iCompEx 2018 (DR. MAZATUSZIHA)
- Dr Mazatusziha Ahmad joined iCompEx 2018 on 20-22nd March 2018 at Sultan Abdul Halim Muadzam Shah Polytechnic, Jitra, Kedah for Construction and Material category. The innovative project is about "active food packaging film" and she received a gold medal. Congratulations!
BRONZE MEDAL - RESEARCH & INNOVATION FESTIVAL UTHM 2017
- Congratulation to the team represented Department of Chemical Engineering Technology FTK, Tan Kian Meng, Daryl & Sharwin supervised by Dr Akhma & Dr Alif who has been awarded Bronze Medal for the invention “Free From Styrofoam” in Research Innovation Festival UTHM 2017 held on 21-22 November 2017. This award is such great encouragements to the fundamental research work carry out to elucidate polystyrene degrading enzyme isolated from Zophobas morio (Superworm). Plastic eating enzyme (PEE) is believed that could be a useful way to improve biodegradability of polystyrene. PEE is believed to have potential commercial value like other household products that from Malaysia for Malaysian.
WINTEX 2018 - BANDUNG INDONESIA (JTKK & SM SAINS SEMBRONG)
- Research consultation by JTKK staff for the students from SM Sains Sembrong, Kluang, Johor in April 2017. The research is regarding to the production of organic hair care product.
GENIUS OLYMPIAD 2015 - OSWEGO, NEW YORK, USA (JTKK & SM SAINS KOTA TINGGI)
- Research consultation by JTKK staff for the students from SM Sains Kota Tinggi, Johor in Jan 2015. The research is regarding to the production of biodegradable nursery seeding pot.